- Shown - All Attributes are shown to all Players. The Card Name is displayed in the Template:Combat Log.
- Hidden - All Attributes are shown to the Owner. Other Players see only the Card exists, what Zone it is in, the Spot is it Attached to, and the Stance (when in a Spot). "A Hidden Unit" is displayed the Template:Combat Log.
Common ways a Card changes Visibility are:
- Entering a Zone.
- After a Card Enters the Limbo or Chuted Zones, it is Shown.
- After a Card Enters the HQ or Reinforcements Zones, it is Hidden.
- Entering the Base or Field Zones does not change Visibility. (Thus, effects that Show the Top Card of the HQ are powerful, since the Card typically stays revealed through Base to Field.)
- Combat - Being involved in an Attack Shows a Unit (both Attacker SOURCE and Defender TARGET).
- Using an Ability - Whether Activated or Passive. While the ME Card in a Maneuver Shows itself, the other Cards that are Tapped do not change Visibility.
A Unit has +1 Advantage while Hidden. Squad bonuses and effects apply independent of Visibility, as do all Abilities by default. However, some properties like Ambusher only apply while Hidden. Other abilities allow Hidden Cards to be Swapped (and not appear in the Combat Log). See Visibility Abilities for more details.
There is a visual indicator when a card is Hidden from other players (say, an eye icon). When this icon is omitted, the card is Shown.
While Hidden, the visual squad indicator (a hatched outline) is truncated only to Shown cards. It may still be possible for your opponent to infer information about Hidden cards; for example, if two Shown cards in a row have the squad indicator the third must be the same Role or Weapon.
|Formations||Visibility Attribute||Setting Up|
|Dynamic Card Attributes|
|Specialty Attribute||Visibility Attribute||Probability Attribute|